Vintage2Glam is my idea of reusing vintage goodies, and turning them into something Glam. I love taking vintage finds, and make them modern with wonderful colors and a vintage twist..... love to incorporate them into my own vintage inspired art an accessories. Pleased to say that my jewelry was worn my Ellen Burstyn in the movie "GRETA" starring Ellen and Hillary Duff filmed in historical town of Ocean Grove N.J.

Monday, June 10, 2013

New York State weekend....


It was nice to spend the weekend in New York State....In just a short drive you can explore a totally new world.......First was the Country Living Fair then dinner and hit some cute little shops in town...

 
had to go into this shop...for my Friend Jeff who is an amazing paper artist....and because of him I am so into the paper arts.....

I saw this paper wedding dress and knew I had to go in and check out the shop...

I love paper art and knew this was going to be an interesting shop.....check out these paper shoes....

and this dress.....

love this paper cut out chandelier.. what a quaint little town with some nice restaurants and shops...a great detestation for sure....

there is so much history here......

we traveled down the road a bit to the Vanderbilt Mansion

it's free to go in and has the most amazing views......
I must say this  was one spectacular view.....the weather was perfect, the grounds were perfect.... this was one of my favorite spots on earth.so peaceful and serene....


and the pads...how did they know I needed a reminder!!!!

happy happy.......a great day at the fair,  some nice sight seeing and now a nice place for a good nights sleep....

we learned about the Walkway over the Hudson....it used to be a train track over the Hudson river that they turned into a walkway...it was awesome....1 mile across, perfect for a nice walk, run or bike ride.....

it was another perfect day..perfect temperature for a  nice power walk..........

couldn't believe how high the bridge was over the water.........

and such beautiful sights........

would love to  live here and walk this every day.....


we decided to have a little lunch and Thai food it was......

some Thai iced tea....and a Thai beer....

an old factory soon to be artists  space.....and they had local graffiti artists make paintings to fill the spaces.....


I must say we had a very fun filled weekend with so much to do and see and only a car ride away.... 


hope you got to do something interesting this weekend....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.