Vintage2Glam is my idea of reusing vintage goodies, and turning them into something Glam. I love taking vintage finds, and make them modern with wonderful colors and a vintage twist..... love to incorporate them into my own vintage inspired art an accessories. Pleased to say that my jewelry was worn my Ellen Burstyn in the movie "GRETA" starring Ellen and Hillary Duff filmed in historical town of Ocean Grove N.J.

Saturday, May 11, 2013

A Rainy Saturday in May


Today was the Ocean Grove town wide garage sale and who could resist a good garage sale?????
There was going to be about 40 homes participating, and that sounded really really nice......
I really don't need a thing but I am on the hunt for a mannequin...like this one that I got in Ocean Grove a few years ago.......

I got her from a garage sale in town...she was laying in the street I think she was set out for garbage and I asked if she was for sale and the woman said YES!  $5.00...so she came home with me and I love her....I use her in all my jewelry pictures and shows and I am on the hunt for another one.....

John and I ventured out and our 1st stop was to see my friend Mary-Ellen at her lovely condo by the ocean...has to be the best condo in the town with the most fabulous views of the Ocean Grove beaches and ocean...(so jealous) It seemed like Mother Nature was not going to cooperate this morning and we had some rain and heavy winds down by the shore making the temperatures feel much cooler.....
Mary Ellen said there was a special discount for me....and that was anything I wanted I could take home with me for free!!!!!!.....(free!!!:))    I always say I have the best friends   I have some plans for these goodies and can't  wait to get started..............I offered to pay but she wouldn't take it because she said that she learned so much  from me over the years in the art classes that I taught in town during the summer......... that it was her pleasure to pay it forward....well I will make her a special something for being so kind......

even on a damp, cool, rainy day Ocean Grove is so colorful and charming.....

the streets were covered with tiny pink petals...........a sign that all those pretty little flowers will be turning green real soon....
 because the weather was so nasty there wasn't too many people selling....... I am sure they are so disappointed with the weather, but they can try again come June 1st when the place will be jumping for the Giant Flea Market......

John and I continued driving south along the shore to see  how the progress was coming along after Hurricane Sandy....and it is so  sad to see the damage and what so many have lost... we saw so many homes that buckled from the storm and so many house that were being leveled.....I must say  that we are so very  blessed and lucky that we had little to no damage from Sandy where we live.....
 
This is the Seaside boardwalk... construction is going on down there along the boardwalk but then you look and see so many homes that are vacant and condemned...so so sad.... if you look way in the back you can see the top of the roller coaster that is still sitting in the water.....


they are saying that they will be open by summer...I hope this is true...New Jersey was hit so hard and we really need to have a great summer to bring some people and $$$ back to the Jersey Shore for the summer of 2013...



I am counting my blessings........
Enjoy your weekend......


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.