Vintage2Glam is my idea of reusing vintage goodies, and turning them into something Glam. I love taking vintage finds, and make them modern with wonderful colors and a vintage twist..... love to incorporate them into my own vintage inspired art an accessories. Pleased to say that my jewelry was worn my Ellen Burstyn in the movie "GRETA" starring Ellen and Hillary Duff filmed in historical town of Ocean Grove N.J.

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Enjoying challenging myself at the Art Alliance of Red Bank New Jersey

I haven't posted on my blog here for quite some time....Have been very busy as usual, but was so sadden by "Super Storm Sandy" and all her devastation that it was hard for me to post things when so many have lost so much....
I have been keeping myself busy trying to inspire myself for the art  challenges at the
Art Alliance. I joined in Sept of this year and so happy I did.  I have  met some very interesting and talented artists and have seen some interesting work.  I love coming up with new and interesting art for each months challenge.
This months challenge was 100 square inches....... 
 I wanted to think out of the box, and thought instead of boxes I would figure out the square inches of circles and make a mobile instead of a flat piece of art. I am an art teacher and have  a lot of smart math teachers friends who I asked for some help with my idea for this challenge.
my friend Marge let me use some of her class supplies, she found the area for each circle...and then I started to play ...and I tried to figure out  how many circles I could use that would add up to 100 square inches.....I wanted to make the mobile as large as possible so I thought I would remove some of the centers in order to make a longer piece....... 

then how to make the circles???hummmmmmm....  my friend Carol owns a frame shop and she cut the circles out of mat boards for me on a fancy cutting machine, all I did was give her the  dimensions and before you know it I had several perfectly cut circles...... I have some great friends......I am a LUCKY gal!

so I got to the fun part...painting wonderful crazy color combinations.....
 
I wanted each circle to have all the same vibrant colors with different patterns and designs....

well here she is finally hanging in the gallery.....another artist was also quite fond of these great colors and painted a wonderful piece  hanging right next to mind......looks like they were meant to be together........

it was so  nice to see people out to support the arts.....

if you haven't been to the Art Alliance you really should stop by.......you may want to consider joining if you have a desire to create......

this is my lovely and talented  friend Grace next to her 3 beautiful angel designs......I just love her.......always so happy, positive and up beat, .....

we had live music from the amazing  Phred Morris.....

and  one more little piece I had in the show is  my "Let it Snow" mixed media painting......
                                 Hope you find something interesting to do with your talents........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.